SQ1 GREH – Gympie Regional Energy Hub – Lower Wonga
Co-locating the Q Energy Zones on the fringe of 70% of the Queensland population and for these customers it provides lower cost energy. The company’s first project, the Lower Wonga Q-Energy project has many superior attributes.
- DA Approved Solar PV nominal 350MW(ac)
- DA Approved Battery Storage 4000 MWhr/1000MW
- Received AEMO 5.3.4A Letter of Approval to connect to the grid.
- 30 minutes NW of Gympie on the Wide Bay HWY
- Located on 572 hectares
- Adjacent to High Voltage Substation located in Lower Wonga
- Proposed site is on cleared grazing land
- Around 60 hectares allocated for transmission line easements
- Close to SE Qld domestic consumption
- Close proximity to labour markets and transportation corridors.
- Create approximately 450 full-time jobs over an 18 months construction phase
- Create 6 to 8 full-time jobs with higher levels of employment during servicing periods
- Produce the lowest cost /mw electricity from around 1,300,000 panels
- Generate approx 735,000MWh/an, supplying 127,000 homes, or 3% of SEQ energy demand
- Reduce carbon emissions of around 666,700 tonnes of CO2, or equivalent of 180,000 cars